White Plains New York Immigration Lawyers
If you are planning to immigrate to the U.S. to work, an immigration lawyer like Mark Bobb in White Plains, New York may be able to help you. There are several different categories for employment-based immigration visas. For example, if you are from Canada or Mexico, you may be eligible for a TN visa. Under this visa, qualified citizens of Canada and Mexico who work in certain professions may be able to work in the U.S. for an employer with a nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional TN Visa. If you want to immigrate to the U.S., the immigration process can be complex. Many people hire an immigration lawyer to assist them with the steps that must be followed in order to obtain a green card or visa. The Bobb Law Firm is an immigration law firm in White Plains, New York that may be able to assist you with determining which visa category might be best for your needs and assist you with the immigration process.
If you are business looking to hire an immigrant worker, an immigration law firm may also be able to help you. We can identify the options you might have regarding NAFTA or other immigrant categories and can assist you with requirements your business may have to meet in order to hire a worker under NAFTA or another immigrant visa category. Mark Bobb is an immigration attorney in White Plains, New York that may be able to assist you.
Employment-Based Immigration Visas
According to the U.S. Department of State, every year, approximately 140,000 employment based immigration visas can be issued to applicants that meet specific requirements. There are several categories of visas available. These are:
- Persons of Extraordinary Ability. People with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics may qualify to immigrate to the U.S. under the extraordinary ability visa. Professors with at least three years’ experience of research and teaching that have been internationally recognized may also qualify for the extraordinary ability visa. Managers of multinational corporations or executives who have worked for at least three for a U.S. employer overseas, may also qualify for this visa.
- Advanced Degree. Individuals with exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences, or in business and those who hold advanced degrees may also qualify for this employment-based visa category.
- Other Workers. If you are being hired by a U.S. employer, your U.S. employer may be able to seek a visa for you if you are an unskilled worker, professional, or skilled worker. Workers in these fields may also be able to seek an employment-based visa.
- Special Immigrants. Other special immigrants may also qualify for an employment based immigration visa. International broadcasters, ministers of religion, certain employees that worked as Iraqi and Afghan interpreters or translators, and employees who worked at the Panama Canal. Foreign individuals who were recruited to join the U.S. Army, NATO-6 civilians, and certain religious workers may also qualify.
- Immigrant Investors. If you plan to invest a significant amount of money in the U.S., you might qualify for an immigrant investor visa. However, the amount of investment money required for this visa category can change with inflation. If you plan to invest in a business in White Plains, New York as an immigrant investor, you may want to speak to a business lawyer like Mark Bobb in White Plains, New York who can help you understand the requirements of this visa category and help you understand the various options that may be available to you.
These are just some ways that individuals can immigrate to the U.S. to work and live. Individuals who are Canadian or Mexican citizens may qualify for a TN visa under NAFTA. The Bobb Law Firm is an immigration law firm in White Plains, New York that may be able to assist you with the various options that may be available to you if you want to immigrate, work, and live in the U.S.
Individuals who are Canadians and Mexicans who work in certain professions could work in the U.S. under a TN visa. In order to be eligible for this visa, the person must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico, work in a profession on the NAFTA list, and be hired to work in a profession on the NAFTA list. The worker must have all required qualifications and must work either part-time or full-time for an employer (self-employed people are not eligible for a TN).
Qualifying professions include accountants, architects, economists, engineers, foresters, graphic designers, hotel managers, industrial designers, interior designers, land surveyors, landscape architects, librarians, lawyers, management consultants, mathematicians, research assistant, social worker, syviculturist, technical writer, urban planner, vocational counselor, certain types of doctors and therapists, scientists, and teachers.
If you are an employer thinking of hiring a worker on a TN visa, or are planning to come work in the U.S. on a TN visa, it is important to provide sufficient documentation to show that your job description meets NAFTA requirements and that you meet the requirements for your specified profession. Have additional questions? Mark Bobb is a White Plains, New York immigration lawyer that may be able to assist you.
Employers are permitted to hire and employ certain specialized workers under H-1B visas. Workers can be temporarily hired if they have specialized knowledge in their fields and have a bachelor’s degree or higher in their field. Every year, there are a limited number of H-1B visas that are issued for qualified workers. Applicants are pooled into lotteries whereby the limited number of H-1B visas available are issued. Individuals who apply for this visa may need to provide extensive documentation about their educational background and work history, information about the job for which they are seeking the H-1B visa (labor certifications), and additional supporting documents, if required. Have questions about whether you can hire a worker on an H-1B visa or whether you can apply to work in the U.S. on an H-1B visa? Mark Bobb is a White Plains, New York immigration lawyer that may be able to help you with your H-1B application.
Help with Immigration
When immigrating to the U.S., you may need to submit forms and documentation to support your immigration visa application. An immigration law firm like The Bobb Law Firm in White Plains, New York may be able to help you troubleshoot potential challenges your application might face. We can review your application, help you prepare your forms, and ensure that everything is complete to get you the best possible outcome permitted under the law.