Deviations from elements of a valid contract
When a contract is prepared, it needs to contain certain elements that make it valid. When companies, or individuals enter into agreements using invalid contracts, lawsuits may need to be filed to correct the deviations in the contracts, and to recover any losses related to the invalid terms of the contract. A business litigation attorney at The Bobb Law Firm PLLC can be instrumental in correcting deficiencies.
- A stipulated start and end time, including the length of contract, and signatures proving agreement of consideration and process of delivery
- Naming jurisdiction as to wherea dispute will be resolved; indicates which state or province’s law will be used to decide the dispute
- Parties to a contract must be named and linked with their associated business entity if there is one
- Purpose of the contract includes consideration, or the amount, or benefit the parties will exchange for their unique demands
- Delivery of goods or services named in the contract along with a timeline
- Compensation is the payment for completing the delivery of a good or service
- Terms and conditions include a scope of work, and outline party expectations
- Consequences of breach result in the liability assigned to each contracted party if they breach, or fail to deliver upon the agreed terms
Corporate dispute representation
Business lawyers at The Bobb Law Firm PLLC are valuable in representing legal profit and not-for-profit entities involved in disputes over matters related directly to the activities of the business structure. They can represent individuals involved in tax disputes, workers’ compensation claims, and any breaches of workers’ compensation laws and best practices in accordance with federal and state/provincial guidelines, as well as human resources disputes and illegal hiring, or firing practices that violate federal laws.
Business contracts between companies
Business lawyers can be instrumental with business litigations matters when entities cooperate and engage in joint endeavors for comprehensive results and market share. There are instances where companies must divulge internal information about the company’s procedures, processes and strengths and weaknesses to complete a joint endeavor. Attorneys at The Bobb Law Firm PLLC can draft non-disclosure agreements utilized in these circumstances to keep corporate information out of competitors hands, and as a precaution to secure trade secrets. If disclosure agreements are broken, experienced litigation attorneys can sue for damages caused by the disclosure.
Mishandled business valuations
When a business owner decides to sell, experienced business lawyers can help owners determine the market price based on annual revenue, earnings, and physical assets, including real estate and equipment minus any debt, plus intellectual property. An experienced business attorney at The Bobb Law Firm PLLC can initiate legal actions against clients in court when contract disputes, or other business problems arise, such as false claims regarding business valuations that will decrease the worth of a company, or inflate it to take advantage of a potential buyer.